Kilimanjaro Coronavirus Update – 23.03.2020
Over the weekend the Government of Tanzania instituted additional travel measures to limit the spread of the virus to the general public as of 23rd March 2020.
- All travellers whether foreigners or returning residents arriving from COVID-19 most affected countries, will be subjected to mandatory isolation for 14 days at their own cost at designated facilities identified by the Government.
- Passengers should fill in Health Surveillance Form in the plane, or any other transport means and submit them to Port Health Authorities upon arrival.
- All travellers will be subjected to an intensive screening and where necessary COVID-19 rapid testing.
- All travellers will then be informed of the designated isolation facilities, costs and arrangements in place and access to those facilities.
- After 14 days quarantine, passengers who have not developed symptoms of COVID-19 may leave the facilities and will be required to register personal information for future possible tracking purpose.
- All people residing in Tanzania are advised to avoid non-essential travels to COVID-19 affected countries.
- In case of any medical emergency while in the United Republic of Tanzania, please call the Health Emergency Number 199.
Kenya has also announced a total and indefinite ban for international passenger flights beginning 25 March.
In light of these measures we will be contacting those who are due to trek with us in June to discuss their options below:
1. Rescheduling your trip
You can at no cost reschedule your trip to a later date. Your deposit will be kept and transferred to the new booking.
2. Postponing your trip
If you are unable to decide on a new date for your rescheduling, clients can defer their trips for up to 24 months from the original trip start date with no fees, provided notification is given at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
3. Cancelling your trip
Only if you cancel your trip altogether will you lose your deposit. If you do not wish to reschedule your trip, then our standard cancellation charges will apply.
Please do not hesitate contact us to discuss your specific booking further if, for any reason, you are concerned about travelling.